So what location factors are important? The following are some of the questions you should ask yourself when looking at a location:
- Is it in the target market?
- Does it meet the location requirements?
- Does it meet the demographic requirements?
- Does it meet the traffic/footfall requirements?
- Does it meet the parking requirements?
- Who will be the competition?
- Are there special zoning by-laws governing opening hours or noise abatement?
- Are there any special bylaws relating to the sale of alcohol?
Generally, the less desirable the location, the lower the rent will be but that should not always deter you from looking at it. Sometimes, quirky or unusual locations can work very well for pubs.